Hello, and welcome back to this next TomCast from GuardSight; we are a tactical cybersecurity-as-a-service organization dedicated to helping businesses protect their data, their assets, and their endpoints.
Today we are going to talk about starting a career in cybersecurity. Joining us are two of Guardsight’s amazing cyber analysts, Jacob Bilyeu and Tate Lykins. Say hello, gentlemen! So, for this discussion, I am gonna ask some questions of you to get your perspective on being a cyber analyst.
Jacob, we’ll start with you, and Tate, I will ask you the same (tune in to hear the answers):
- Is this your first position in the cybersecurity field?
- Had you applied to other organizations prior to being hired on at GuardSight?
- What initially drew you to working in cyber?
- What was it that made GuardSight an organization you wanted to work for?
- What is it like working for a tactical unit cybersecurity organization as a whole?
- If you had the opportunity to speak to people showing interest in either starting a career in cyber, or switching a career to cyber, what would you tell them?
- Any parting comments for our listeners you would like to share?
We here at GuardSight thank you for taking the time to listen to this TomCast. For more information on various cybersecurity tips head on over to our website and check out more TomCasts. Those are located over on www.guardsight.com/tomcast. Or, if you would like more information on what GuardSight can do for you, head on over to www.guardsight.com and contact us. There are several free cybersecurity tools out there that can help you improve your overall security posture. We’d love to hear from you! Thanks!