On GuardSight’s annual Engineering Day, our cybersecurity experts showcase their special projects. We also task new-hires to create a “GuardSight Commercial.”
Check out this GuardSight commercial created by Thomas Grant.
You can view his commercial here on GuardSight’s LinkedIn.
How Targeted Phishing Works Blackberry Research
An average of 37.9% of users fall for phishing tactics.
1. Deliberate reconnaissance work
BlackBerry observed that BAHAMUT was generally in possession of a great deal of detailed information about their targets prior to phishing them.
2. Convincing fake sites
This includes fake login sites, but also fake news sites and fake social profiles, to fashion “a convincing veneer of legitimacy,” serve up malware, and provide back-end infrastructure for phishing campaigns.
3. Robust and dynamic infrastructure
While monitoring BAHAMUT’s operations over the past year, BlackBerry watched new phishing infrastructure spring up weekly. BlackBerry researchers wrote that “this embrace of ever-fleeting infrastructure makes real-time detection all but impossible.” Read More
Selecting a Multi Factor Authentication Solution
MFA allows you to present two pieces of evidence for a more secure verification:
1. What you know (your password)
2. What you have (the app on your cell phone)
With the rise in remote work, companies are turning to remote security solutions such as Multi Factor Authentication (MFA).
An unprecedented and rapid adoption of new technologies alongside an increase of users means most individuals are at significant risk for data exposure.
1. In 2020, calls to the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) nearly quadrupled since the beginning of March 2020.
2. There were about 4.6 billion active internet users as of July 2020, representing 59% of the world’s population.
3. In 2021, the number of internet users will only increase, and risk will continue to compound as 84% of organizations continue to support remote work even after governments lift stay-at-home orders.
GuardSight’s Work From Home Infoseries is for employees and organizations that aim to strengthen their cybersecurity posture.
I have included a few that specifically apply to the implications of the above data:
Please Contact Us anytime if you have any questions about how GuardSight can help defend critical assets against cybersecurity threats, improve cybersecurity posture, and reduce overall risk for your company.